Trugreen® Lawn Service Learning Center
Benefits of a Healthy Lawn
Keeping a lawn healthy doesn't just make your home look good, it nourishes the Earth and protects the
environment. Here's how:
- Grass produces oxygen. In fact, just one 2,500 square foot lawn can produce enough oxygen for
4 people for an entire year. The thicker your lawn, the easier you'll breathe.
- Lawns filter the air of 12 million tons of dirt and dust annually in the U.S.
- Greenhouse gases and carbon dioxide are your lawn's primary food sources. Both are reduced
dramatically by the presence of lush greenery.
- Think of your grass as a nature-made air conditioner. Plants have a natural cooling effect on the
surrounding air, so when temperatures rise, a healthy lawn can keep you cool.
- Grass and shrubbery prevent water run-off, which reduces erosion and pollution.
- The more nutrient-dense your lawn, the more welcoming it is for beneficial organisms, such as
soil microbes, earthworms and other insects. These organisms, in turn, help keep your soil alive
- Healthy, green lawns filter water helping keep your neighborhood clean.
- Keeping your lawn's root system healthy will arm your plants against disease, parasites and
weather-related stress. And healthy roots give back to the entire lawn.
For Immediate Service Call 855-629-3772
Or fill out this form and a consultant will call you.